Welcome to #IoT Coffee Talk #68 where we chat about #Digital #IIoT #Automation #DigitalTwins #Edge #IoTPL #IoTCL #Cloud #DigitalTransformation #5G #AI #Data #Industry40 & #Sustainability over a cup of coffee.
Grab a cup and settle-in with some of the industry’s leading business minds and technology thought leaders for a lively, irreverent, and informative discussion about IoT in a totally unscripted, organic format.
Your hosts include:
- Leonard Lee @ LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/leonard-lee-nextcurve/ @ Twitter @ebizexec
- Stephanie Atkinson @ LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephanieatkinson/ @ Twitter @stephatkins
- Marc Pous @ LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcpous/ @ Twitter @gy4nt
- Rob Tiffany @ LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/robtiffany/ @Twitter @robtiffany
- Rick Bullotta @ LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/rickbullotta/
In this installment, Bill Pugh, smart grid and smart city expert extraordinaire joins us to talk about the IoT hype Pit of Sarlacc that is smart cities and smart grids. We discuss why after all these years the expert panels on smart cities and grid still talk about the same stuff and how little traction has been made. What are we not doing quite right? Is it mindset or is it the issue of the “mass monetization of disappointment”? We get dirty and real with a topic that deserves little latitude but a lot of distilling honesty.